Wesley is a caring community – a place of prayer and worship for people of all backgrounds, with a remarkable diversity of ethnicities and origins that we treasure and celebrate. We believe in God’s love and share it here, caring deeply for one another and finding here the support and compassion that moves us forward.
Sundays at 10:00am
If you would like to watch previous services, they are available on our Worship page.
Wesley UMC is having in-person worship on Sunday mornings at 10:00am. We are returning to the sanctuary, but things will be different. We ask for your understanding and flexibility as we navigate the new way of doing things.
Guidelines are constantly changing and we will send out new guidance as we have it. Christ calls us to take care of others so our main priority is to keep everyone safe and for people to feel comfortable coming to Wesley, especially if they are higher risk.
Here is what to expect:
- Mask wearing throughout the service is strongly encouraged.
- There is a sign-in sheet in the narthex to write your name, email & phone number.
- The pastor or lay speaker will preach from the pulpit without wearing a mask – all are fully vaccinated and will be at least 16 feet away from any other person.
- Vocal music will be prerecorded for now and shared on the new large monitors in the sanctuary – you can sing along softly from your seat.
- We welcome you to join in the call to worship and any other spoken parts of the service.
- There will be a time near the end of the service to share your concerns and celebrations as this will not be part of the online service.
- Worshipers are encouraged to put their offering in the plates upon entry to the sanctuary as it will not be passed.
- Communion, on the first Sunday of each month, will be individually wrapped gluten free wafers and juice. You can pick one up as you enter and receive it at your seat after consecration.
We will continue to offer worship online on Sundays. The service will be live streamed at 10 am Sundays to both Facebook and YouTube. Later on Sundays (usually by noon) the recorded service will be available for viewing. Feel free to contact the church office if you have any questions.